Fall 2020 School Reopening Plan
Learning and Faith Continue!
Bethlehem Catholic High School is pleased to present our Fall 2020 Return to School Plan. BECAHI’s Reopening Committee, consistent of various stakeholders in our community, have worked countless hours to research and prepare a comprehensive plan to safely invite students back to school this fall.
Below are some important highlights from our plan:
- Students will have the option to choose in-person or online instruction.
- Any student choosing in-person instruction may switch to online instruction at any time.
- Any student choosing online instruction must allow 2 weeks of transition before returning to the classroom. This process will be coordinated with the student’s guidance counselor.
- Any and all classes that have students learning remotely, will be live streamed/Zoom-ed.
- Online learning will be simultaneous to that in the classroom. Details and procedures for online learning will be shared in the near future.
- New technology has been added! After reviewing the results of the Diocesan online learning survey from this past spring, BECAHI has purchased a more comprehensive and user-friendly online learning management platform. This new software will enable teachers to enhance instruction in the classroom and virtually. Teacher and student trainings have been planned. BECAHI is excited to introduce this new technology to our students.
- In Pennsylvania, face coverings must be worn in all public spaces. Students and employees will wear face coverings upon entrance, exit, in the halls and in the classrooms. Face coverings may be removed in the classroom only when a minimum of six feet of social distancing can be achieved.
- Students will be distanced a minimum of three feet apart to every extent possible.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies will be readily available to students and employees. Students and employees will be trained on proper hygiene and cleaning expectations.
- Staff and students will self-monitor each day and report on a Microsoft form prior to arriving at school. Temperature and other pertinent data will be collected through this form to ensure that staff and students are not exhibiting signs of illness. This data will be confidential and monitored daily by the Dean of Students.
These are just a few highlights from the Fall 2020 Return to School Plan. Additionally, BECAHI has updated daily procedures, including cafeteria seating, hallway traffic flow, locker usage/backpacks to promote the health and safety of students and staff.
With the support of the BECAHI community, hard work, careful planning and God’s blessing, BECAHI is confident in opening school this year safely and successfully!
A virtual town hall meeting is scheduled for BECAHI families only on Wednesday, July 29th, 7:00-8:00 pm. Login details for this meeting will be sent to BECAHI families on Wednesday morning.
BECAHI’s Fall 2020 Re-opening Plan is approved by the Diocese of Allentown.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9